Sunday 2 July 2017

bareMinerals Blemish Remedy ♡


When skincare products make big sweeping statements I'm always dubious. One such product is the bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Anti-Imperfection Serum. The website description is as follows:

"Reveal your most beautiful self with skin calming ingredients to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. Our oil-free formula works in three ways to help improve skin's overall appearance."

Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic.

 Combats blemishes

Calms skin

Smoothes textures

I purchased after hearing a half decent review through the grapevine, persuaded as at the time my skin was pretty awful due to the stress of exams and all of the rubbish I had been eating whilst revising. After overcoming the hurdle of the rather hefty price tag (£36 to be exact) and googling what on earth 'non-comedogenic' meant (FYI it's that it doesn't cause acne) I ordered and began using the product. The directions instruct that three drops is enough to cover your whole face - I was at first hesitant to believe this, but alas it is correct and a very small amount of the product goes a very long way. This is always the first stage in my decision over whether something (usually an expensive something) is a good investment. There wouldn't be a chance of me repurchasing if it ran out too quickly for it to be worth the money.

As for whether the product does what it says on the tin; my verdict is that it does. The serum soaks into your skin straight away and doesn't leave it feeling at all oily, which is a serious plus point for me. And after around a week of use, my skin was by and large clear of spots and blemishes. Of course, you can't expect that any product is going to be a magical serum that will forever banish your bad skin - I don't think any brand is that powerful - but this seemingly did go a long way into calming down my current breakouts and reducing the blemishes caused by previous ones. On the whole I was quite impressed.

Have you ever tried this? Did you rate it highly?

Maddie x

      2 comments:

      1. I have oily skin most of the time, and acne prone skin on occasions, so for the price tag, ehhmm that might be a sure no from me, haha. Another spot treatment like the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is REALLY really good!! I'm glad this Bare Minerals product wasn't a let down for you, and one day I really want to try something from them :)

        Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// Lifestyle & Beauty
        Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I'll have to give that lotion a try! Thanks for the recommendation x

          Delete