Friday 24 February 2017

Little Comets in Sheffield ♡

I apologise about the awful quality photos - iPhone camera and bad lighting!

OOTN: Off The Shoulder Top, New Look | Chokers, Asos

Last Saturday night brought around my first gig of the year; Little Comets supported by Eliza and The Bear in Sheffield's Leadmill club. In all honesty, when we booked the tickets we were actually going to see Eliza and The Bear, having never really listened to Little Comets. We had seen Eliza and The Bear at Y Not Festival last year and loved them so we jumped at the chance to see them again - and they did not disappoint! In their half an hour support set they covered the best tracks off their album and had the entire crowd in high spirits. When it came to Little Comets we were still, of course, looking forward to seeing them but I had that awful feeling of being at a gig where you know none of the songs. This didn't prove a problem - they were amazing! They played their most popular songs as well as some from their new album and there was some serious moshing going on (almost a little too much for my claustrophobic self), which meant that not knowing the words became less of a problem half way through the set - although I did end up with a bleeding, bruised ankle - s/o to the 6ft tall guy who inflicted that upon my foot. 

It was also my 14 year old brother's first gig (don't worry mum, his drink in the photo above is just cola), as he ended up taking my boyfriend's ticket who got a migraine on the night. Taking him was a slight worry, but he is about four inches taller than me and in the end it was him who elbowed some guy out of the way that tried to put his arms around me, hahaha. All in all I think I am now a converted Little Comets fan - in fact I'm listening to them as I write this... while my ankle is still swollen.

Do you like Little Comets / similar bands? And have you ever gained an injury at a gig? (This is the worst I've ever picked up haha).

Maddie x

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, Maddie - both bands played really well. Can't wait to see them again in Leeds next month!

    ReplyDelete