Saturday 25 February 2017

Makeup Bag Staples ♡


When it comes to packing my makeup bag to take somewhere there's always a handful of products that never fail to make it in. From base to lips, I've listed my main staples here:

  • Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation: This is my favourite foundation for most days. It gives just the right amount of coverage for everyday wear and the range of shades is great too - although I find that mixing the lightest two shades actually gives me the best colour match in winter.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: I think this is the most talked about drugstore powder in blogging history and I'm one of the masses - it's my favourite. I use the translucent shade to set my base makeup and it never fails. Due to it being translucent I can use it year round too.
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: Again I'm one of the masses with this product, but it really is my go to. The formula is the perfect consistency to blend and has amazing coverage for under eyes and blemishes alike.
  • NYX Tinted Brow Mascara: After using Benefit's Gimme Brow for as long as I can remember I discovered NYX's tinted brow mascara on recommendation of a friend and I can safely say that as long as I'm on a student budget I won't be buying the Benefit product again. This is a quarter of the price and works just as well - if not better for my brows, which are thicker and therefore the thicker brush works better.
  • Mac Velvet Teddy: Another product that is the staple of many a makeup bag, Mac's Velvet Teddy lipsticks are like gold dust and it took me months to get hold of one in stock - I finally found it in duty free at Manchester airport last year. Now I've got it it's never off my lips and I wear it all the time, from going out to lunch to going out, it fits the bill for many an occasion. 
  • Soap & Glory Supercat and Crazy Sexy Kohl: Soap and Glory eyeliners are my absolute favourites and both their Supercat eyeliner pen and their kohl pencil always make it into my bag. The kohl pencil stays put for the whole day without smudging even in the rain (or while crying at a film hahaha) - it's not going anywhere. I love the Supercat eyeliner because it's a pen and therefore way easier to apply than with a brush.
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer: My favourite bronzer due to the ease of application and the way it blends perfectly into any base of makeup. It is also so buildable, which is perfect for a variety of skin tones.
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara: I have quite a few mascaras worthy of credit, but my go to every day is Benefit's They're Real. I love the fact that it adds so much volume and though it is pretty difficult to remove it stays put all day.
  • Carmex and Eos Lip Balms: Of course lip balms are always going to feature in my makeup bag and my favourites are definitely the basic Carmex tube and also an Eos lip balm, which I find perfect for inside my bag because it never comes open and makes a mess! I liberally apply lip balm every day, and there's always one hanging around in whatever bag I'm carrying!
What are the staples in your makeup bag? Anything I should try?

Maddie x

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to try out the hoola bronzer! I am going to pick up one tomorrow! also really love that collection concealer! Can't imagine using any other concealer! xxxx

    Lots of Love,

    xx Camille xxx (thelittleladydiaries.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product, I haven't used another bronzer in so long! And me neither, it's the best xx

      Delete
  2. So many favourites in one post! I can't live without my Stay Matte Powder and Collection Concealer! Great post x

    xo Jiawun
    www.beautynerdbynight.com

    ReplyDelete