Sunday 12 March 2017

Favourite Matte Lipsticks ♡


Out of all my lipsticks, my favourites to wear are definitely mattes. I love the finish they give, and find them much easier to wear than most other products, as they're usually harder to smudge everywhere! I've collected quite the variety of matte lipsticks over the last couple of years, but there are two that really stand out to me as my favourites and the ones I always fall on for regular wear.

The first is Mac's 'Velvet Teddy'. Obviously this has become the holy grail lipstick for everyone and their cousin over the last year or so and this post definitely won't be the first you've heard of the infamous shade. The product glides onto the lips so smoothly, and it lasts hours and hours without showing signs of going anywhere - although it perhaps isn't the best to wear if your lips are dry, as it really can accentuate the condition of your lips and tends to cling to dry patches. It is a nude shade with a gorgeous warm undertone and it compliments many eye makeup looks - I love wearing it with a classic smoky eye.

The second of my favourites is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade 'Cannes', which is actually only a few shades away from Velvet Teddy - what can I say, warm and pink toned nudes are my thing. The applicator makes it so easy to apply and it has a super creamy formula that means it goes on really well. Once it dries it is extremely long lasting and can withstand pretty much anything that would usually leave you needing to re-apply (how many times have I said apply now... hahaha). NYX makeup is also really affordable, which is such a bonus!

Do you love these products too? What other matte lipsticks are your faves?

Maddie x

8 comments:

  1. Both of these are such lovely picks! I've already got the Mac one but I really want to try the Nyx one now! Looks stunning. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nyx 'cannes' lip cream looks gorg! I love that matte lipsticks stay longer than others since I don't have to reapply over and over again. Love your post xx

    Dabin / http://dabindb.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cannes lip cream is my fav thing, I wear it almost everyday! I also really love their Copenhagen colour x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one, maybe I'll have to give it a go! x

      Delete
  4. I love, love, love the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I almost feel like they are godsend! And they have such an amazing colour range to choose from!
    Another liquid lipstick I really love is Candy K from Kylie Cosmetics. Simply because I wore it once when I had a cold and even after 3 hours of blowing my nose it was still completely intact. How does that even happen?!
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! I haven't found anything with that sort of staying power! I definitely need to give some Kylie Cosmetics a go. x

      Delete